|Title:||Coronet Club Papers|
|Quantity:||3 box(es) (2.5 linear feet)|
|Repository:||Leland D. Case Library of Western Historical Studies
E.Y. Berry Library-Learning Center
Black Hills State University
Spearfish, SD 57799
Sponsored by the Spearfish Woman's Club the club was originally established as a Jr. Woman's Club in March of 1947. In 1952, the club voted to drop the Jr. Woman's Club title and status. In reference to the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II of Britain that same year, they elected to change the name to Coronet Club.
They remained a Federated Woman's Club until February 1968. From that time on they have been a local civic service club. Their membership is open by invitation to all women of every profession and age who are interested in supporting and working for worthwhile community needs.
Their purpose is to support projects for local community betterment. Many of the members are parents of small children, and as such have a strong interest in playground equipment for the City Park. They run diabetes tests at the public elementary and high schools during Diabetes Week. They take an active part in the entertainment of the Veterans at the Fort Meade Veterans Hospital. They also donate clothing to the South Dakota Children's Home at Sioux Falls.
Activities, Programs, Scrapbooks, Photographs
Coronet Club Papers, Leland D. Case Western Historical Studies
Activities, Programs, Scrapbooks, Photographs 1948-1998.
|1||1||Photographs of Members n.d.|
|5||Programs / Activities 1960īs|
|3||Welcome sign to luncheon, [1985?]|
|4||Photograph album [early 1960s?], n.d.|